Common and Room Amenities Indulge-Discover-Relax-Enjoy
- Full breakfast served daily
- Coffee, tea, cocoa, water available 24 hours a day
- Complimentary wine and cheese social daily from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Signature Lavender cookies provided each evening
- Transportation to and from the Amtrak station
- Situated on 2 acres of landscaped grounds featuring a labyrinth and hedge maze
- Area maps and information
- Fine linens and robes
- Luggage Rack
- Gilchrist & Soames Verde Collection bath products
- High-definition plasma TV located in the library
- Wireless Internet access
- Private off-street parking
- Outdoor sitting areas
Terms of Service
- The hours of check-in are from 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Guests can kindly let us know if you expect to arrive later so that accommodations can be made.
- Check-out is anytime leading up to 11:00 am.
- Cash, Visa/MasterCard & checks accepted.
- Rates do not include applicable taxes and are subject to change without notice.
The Homestead is committed to providing guests with exceptional service and hospitality. We understand that travel plans are subject to various factors; as a boutique facility we ask for your understanding in return. We have our own reservation and cancellation policies which we have set forth here and which constitute our contract with you.
- Reservations are required, rooms are subject to availability.
- Reservations are held with credit card or personal check in the amount of one-half total amount due.
- Cancellations made more than 14 days in advance of arrival date will be fully refunded less a $35 service charge (except group bookings which will be subject to specific guidelines set forth in the contract between The Homestead and the group coordinator).
- For cancellations made 14 days or less, before scheduled arrival date, the deposit is refundable if the reservation is able to be fully rebooked (less the service fee). If the reservation is not able to be fully rebooked, the deposit is non-refundable.
- For special event weekends and whole house rentals, a non-refundable deposit may be taken up to one year in advance and a 120 day cancellation policy may be required and stated in your confirmation.
- Refunds are not issued for late arrivals or early departures.
- No Show Reservations are non-refundable and the no-show guest is financially responsible for the reservation in full.
- The Homestead is best suited for guests 14 and over. Guests of all ages welcome when booking the full house, or upon approval of innkeeper.
- Sorry, as a regular practice, we do not accept guest pets. We are happy to talk with you about making an exception, and/or, to help you find nearby local boarding kennels.
- The Homestead is a non-smoking establishment. If smoking occurs there will be a $300.00 cleaning fee added to your invoice. There is a designated outdoor smoking area.
- Any damages done to any Homestead property by guests or persons visiting or staying with guests will be the responsibility of the person who made the reservation.
- Please note: Entry to the house and second floor bedrooms requires the climbing of stairs. The bathrooms have narrow doorways.
Just a one hour drive from Chicago, we are conveniently located one block north off Route 34 (Ogden Avenue) within close proximity to Route 47 and I-88.
From Interstate 88 West: From the East exit at Sugar Grove, Routes 30, 47, and 56. Stay on Route 56 until you reach Route 47. Take Route 47 South. Next take route 34 West. Make a right onto S. Lew St. and a right onto E. Main St. The Homestead is on the left at 611 E. Main St.
From Interstate 88 East: From the West exit at Route 47. Take Route 47 South. Next take Route 34 West. Make a right onto S. Lew St. and a right onto E. Main St. The Homestead is on the left at 611 E. Main St.
From Interstate 80 East: From the East exit at Route 52. Take Route 52 West. Next take Route 47 North. Next take Route 34 West. Make a right onto S. Lew St. and a right onto E. Main St. The Homestead is on the left at 611 E. Main St.
From Interstate 80 West: From the West exit onto Interstate 39/51 North. Take Interstate 39/51 North. Next take Route 34 East. Make a left onto S. Lew St. and a right onto E. Main St. The Homestead is on the left at 611 E. Main St.
From Chicago: Take Interstate 294 West. Next take Interstate 88 West. Exit at Sugar Grove, Routes 30, 47, and 56. Stay on Route 56 until you reach Route 47. Take Route 47 South. Next take Route 34 West. Next take Route 34 East. Make a right onto S. Lew St. and a right onto E. Main St. The Homestead is on the left at 611 E. Main St.
From Route 23: Take Route 23 to Route 34 East. Take Route 34 East. Make a left onto S. Lew St. and a right onto E. Main St. The Homestead is on the left at 611 E. Main St.